Thursday, July 18, 2013

Starting Strong

Yesterday was my first day of clean eating and working out. I am hoping I can be consistent with this and keep it up.

I feel really motivated and really feeling good about everything. This is encouraging. Yesterday went really well. I logged everything I ate and wore my bodymedia all day.

If you haven't heard of bodymedia, it's a really neat tool to help give you an idea of how many calories you are burning a day. I have had mine for sometime. I always cheated and never actually logged my food. But I am done cheating myself!

Here is a screen shot of my stats from yesterday:


I was talking with a friend of mine as we are making some travel plans and I have a more detailed outline of my goals. So here it is!

Aug 28th - down 15 pounds (233 lbs)
Sept 20th - down an additional 6 pounds, 21 lbs total (227 lbs)
Oct 17th - down an additional 8 pounds, 29 lbs total (219 lbs)
Nov 15th - down an additional 8 pounds, 37 lbs total (211 lbs)
Dec 13th - down an additional 8 pounds, 45 lbs total (203 lbs)
Jan 15th - down an additional 10 pounds, 55 lbs total (193 lbs)

I don't feel like I am going for unreasonable number's here. I am hoping to average about 2 pounds a week. I know some weeks will be harder than others so this is just an average. I have all the tools and knowledge to do it, I just need to stay motivated!

In case you are wondering most of these dates have special meaning.

Aug 28th is my 30th birthday. I would like to head into my birthday going strong and having lost 15 pounds. Labor day weekend we are going to be in Vegas so I want to be able to go into this weekend confident and making sound eating choices. (but still have fun!)

Sept 20th I am going to go on a girls trip to California with some girl friends. If I can lose any weight I may have gained in Vegas and lose an additional 6 pounds I will be really happy.

Oct 17th I am going on a cruise with my husband and my mom and her husband. Being down almost 30 pounds by then will make feel confident that I can still travel and lose weight.

Nov and Dec dates are not significant but just wanted to put two additional one month markers on my plan.

Jan 15th is the big one! I am going on a 7 day girl trip for my friends 30th birthday to the Dominican Republic! I am so excited and I want to be able to feel comfortable in a bathing suit. I am not going to say bikini, bathing suit! I want to go on that trip a new Lindsay and feeling great. I don't want to hide my body in the pics with the girls. This is the big motivator here.

I will document my travels and how well I do and prove that I can lose weight and still travel and have fun. It's all in balance and dedication!

OK enough for today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment